Saturday 28 February 2009

Routine Routine Routine

For the last three nights, we have introduced a new bedtime routine for my youngest son.

You see, he's always been a bit of an arse when it comes to the whole going to bed thing, but, hopefully - things will now change. We have seen an improvement, so hopefully it will continue.

I went to see my doctor yesterday to get the results of some blood tests that I had done. I'd be lying if i said i wasn't nervous. Unless you had complete faith in the health of your body, I think most people would be a tad worried. In particular, I was worried about my cholesterol, and diabetes. Cholesterol because I mostly eat shite, and diabetes because my dad had it. As it goes - all was well.

I do, however, need to exercise. Not exactly earth shattering news, but I'm glad he said it because it will (has) given me the kick start I need. Time to recharge the batteries on the Wii ! Joking aside, Yesterday, I went out and bought foods to assist me eat more healthily, as well as going for a walk for a few miles around my old haunts in Skelmersdale.

Today for the first time in years I have had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, instead of a great many pieces of toast.

Regarding the walk, I had my eldest and youngest sons with me, and it was lovely. I enjoyed pointing out things of relative interest such as a number of houses built in the 1600's, and the bizarre bunker like structure at Elmers Green. Take a look at the google map of things we saw, if you want?

I've really enjoyed having the children stay for the last couple of nights. On the first night, my eldest daughter didn't want to stay. As per usual, it was a half-arsed excuse, but it was her decision and that is ok. They are all such a good help around the house, especially with my youngest son.

Who still has milk delivered? 56p a pint in some places - it's just absolutely mental. People need to go out and buy it themselves, and the milkmen (and women) need to get a different job where mugging people in their own homes isn't involved.

Tonight sees us head to Middlewich to visit one of my wife's childhood friends and her family. I am very much looking forward to it indeedy!

I expect tomorrow will be about returning home, ironing, relaxing, and maybe watching the Clint Eastwood movie, Gran Torino. I managed to watch 20 minutes of it a few nights back, and it really had me captured.

Until next time...