Friday 20 February 2009

It's A Beautiful Day

Well what a lovely day I had yesterday. It started off a bit ropey with me turning up almost 15 mins late for an appointment with a nurse to extract blood from me. Me and needles haven't had the best relationship over the years. As it pierces my skin, all the memories come flooding back to me and I feel instantly nauseous. As if that wasn't bad enough, I'd had to fast prior to having the blood taken. Sadists, all of them.

Following that ordeal, I got home and had a lovely cup of tea (made by my lovely wife), and some toast. I then recruited my eldest son to assist me in putting some new felt on my shed roof. He was excellent. I couldn't have done it without him.


We then had lunch and piled into the hire zafira and headed up into town so my youngest daughter and son could visit the dentist. They were just getting out of the car, when the garage rang to say they'd fixed my car. I was... sceptical, if I'm honest. We collected it about an hour later, and I am now very pleased with it indeed, oh yes I am.

The hire car should have gone back with 1/4 tank of fuel in it, but it went back on fumes. I told them that the car was dirty when I got it, and she scribbled out the fuel entry on the sheet. Almost a bit too easy, i thought. Ah well - we've had the full deposit refunded now so all is well.

Off to Southport from there, and Hesketh Park was our destination. I've only ever been there once before, and even that was at night time, so It was good to see that it is actually a lovely big park. Lots of development work has taken place, and the park looks really nice. The children loved the animals, and the play area, of course.

As a treat, we headed off for a KFC meal for tea (the meal that is consumed around 5pm-ish). Well and truly stuffed, we set off for home.

I decided to avoid motorways and most a-roads and all costs as I was worried about getting stuck in traffic. I might have gone a bit over the top in my quest to avoid these roads, though. Apologies to my passengers for the meandering route home that I took.


On the way home, my two eldest children were sat chatting away to each other in a very adult, normal way. Not screaming at each other, or bickering in any way at all. It was so good to hear one of them put a point of view across, and for the other to comment and add to it.

To reward them, my lovely wife suggested we make a chocolate fondue. I was dispatched to the co-op for the provisions, and my wife and children had a lovely time eating chocolatey banana, grapes, and marshmallows.


A lovely sweet end, to a smashing day.
I love my people.

Peace and love peace and love peace and love.
Blogged with the Flock Browser