Wednesday 11 February 2009

People Watching

Morning one and, well - one.

I spent most of yesterday at the Trafford Centre. My lovely wife and child met up with some of her old friends, and went playing in a soft play thing. Whilst they did this, I went to ASDA and bought some..... 3in1 oil. "And", i hear you say.

Well for me, that was a really significant purchase. You see, I constantly need affirmation in most aspects of my life, and being a dad is top of the list. Dads have 3in1 oil, and until yesterday, I've never owned my own can of it. Now, I no longer have squeaky doors and if anything dare to squeak anywhere near me, I shall attack it with gusto using my 3in1.

I managed to squeeze in watching another episode of 24 on my iPod whilst waiting for my people. I've only got 2 episodes of season 1 to go. I know I'm decades behind the rest of the 24 world, but i never have been the quickest on the uptake of new "fads". Oooh Fads. Whatever happened to that DIY shop? I must google in a bit.

As well as 24, I did a fair bit of people watching. I absolutely LOVE people watching. It takes no more than 15 minutes to see every colour, creed and shape in that place. I saw a balding disabled bloke (the kind that shout random noises). I say balding - the monk-style hair her still had was properly ginger!

I saw another lady in a wheelchair, and she was very interesting. She genuinely looked like a box. She was a very well built woman, who's head seemed to have been plonked on top of her almost as an afterthought. She had no legs, so I pondered how it must be difficult to lose / control your weight without being able to, I don't know - use a Wii Fit?

However, my favourite thing I saw was one of the Red Jacket-ed folk who walk round holding walkie-talkie's, trying to look important. This was a female one - very pretty woman if I'm honest, but she had THE fattest wrists. In fact, I've never really seen fat wrists before. Maybe it was that - I've never seen them before, so it made me stare.

In retrospect, I wish I'd taken photographs of these sights.

Anyway - all in all, a good day was had. We also had some excellent news from one of my wife's University friends, who stayed with us just a few weeks ago. She gave birth to a lovely baby boy yesterday morning. Congrats, Nik!

My wife needs more exposure...... to public transport, and generally not driving to places. She is working in Manchester today and the 1/2 mile walk from Deansgate station to her destination didn't quite go according to plan. I had two "I'm lost" phone calls. I wonder how the trip from her place of work back to the station will go this evening?

Right, I have a lot to do, so I'd best get on and do it.

Until next time....