Monday 9 February 2009

Doin' Me 'Ed In !!!


I like my car. To be fair - i LOVE my car. When I can be arsed to clean it and polish it and vacuum it's insides, it is (i think) beautiful. But - it's a great big pain in my arse, too. It keeps breaking. Well, it thinks it's broken. The on board computer constantly reports the same fault.

It's not three years old so it's all covered by the manufacturers warranty, but that is up next month and my ass is gettin a twitchy!

I had my children stay this weekend and we had such a lovely time. Initially, we had a party with some friends of ours planned, but their youngest son wasn't too well, so in the interests of the health of all involved, we decided it would be best to cancel it for now. I swear - keeping children well, and disease free is a never ending quest!

I prepared a (even if i do say so myself) superb lamb roast dinner for us. I did forget the Yorkshire Puds, but, it wouldn't have been an authentic dish prepared by me if I hadn't forgotten something!

Later on the Sunday, we ended up tagging along with my wife and son, who had made arrangements to meet some of her ex-work colleagues in Westhoughton. They are such a lovely bunch of people, I was more than happy to tag along. We all met up in the Wetherspoons pub, The Robert Shaw, and had a desert each, and then went off to the local park, just as it started to snow. It was fab. Freezing cold, but we had a lovely half hour playing!

Back home, with the snow increasing, the females in my family settled down to watch Mamma Mia. How utterly shit is that film? Properly rubbish. It was that bad, I went out in the freezing cold to get milk from the local co-op, then ironed for 90 mins when I got home.

I saw my sister and her son today. I don't see enough of them at all, but like everything, there doesn't seem to be any spare time! She doesn't drive, either, which doesn't help. She'll get there in the end, I'm sure.

I need to go and start preparing Chicken Chasseur. My lovely wife is working until 8 something tonight, and i said I'd have it ready for her return. Got a few hours yet, but got lots of baby entertaining / feeding / bathing / settling to do during that time!

The BBC still haven't e-mailed me back after I complained about local radio reception. I am such a sad wanker.

One thing that I almost forgot to say was something that happened to me this afternoon whilst driving. I heard a voice from the back of the car, and whilst it didn't sound like her, I became convinced it was my mother, who died in 1987. Very odd - nothing like that has ever happened to me before, so it has freaked me out a bit. Hmmm

See y'z