Sunday 22 February 2009

All change at the next stop

Something odd is happening to me. I can't fully explain why, or when it started to happen, but I do think that it is happening.

I am beginning to think about work - outside of work. I don't do that. In the past, I would switch off when I leave. Of late, however, I find myself musing over things that have happened, and things I want to happen.

Maybe it's the time of year. I have a meeting with my boss this week to discuss my development and set objectives for the rest of this year. It will, no doubt, be full of bullshit bingo words, but I can see through that.

I spoke to my ginger daughter on MSN Messenger today. (If I were more modern and "hip", I would have called it Windows Live Messenger, but i'm not so I shall refrain). She is funny. She is only 8 years old, but has a superb sense of humour. I do hope she keeps it into her adult life.

David Attenborough is absolutely fascinating. There aren't many broadcasters who totally get your attention, but what he has to say is amazing.

One day when I grow up, I will have some sort of blu-ray player, and the first discs I want to buy for it, are the BBC Planet Earth box-set. For me, they have to be the ultimate viewing pleasure in high definition.

My lovely wife wasn't feeling too well earlier, so I left work an hour early. When i got home, she wasn't as bad. I am pleased she isn't ill or anything. I like her a lot and don't want her to be broken. Like Mikel Arteta. Bugger.

I still need a new coat. Mine is frigged and the pocket is hanging off. I am not overly concerned at this stage as, I think, I generally look tramp-esque anyway. I can totally justify it because in my head, people expect me to look like that, so a pocket hanging off makes no odds.

My next two nights in work have got me a bit twitchy. Hope they go well, and no tits present themselves facing skywards.

I am furious. Furious with the hypocrisy of what appears to be most of the inhabitants of this land we call home. Jade Goody. God bless the poor girl, she's not at all well - riddled with cancer, and she's not got long left with us. Now I am a particular hater of cancer. I despise it and pray for a breakthrough to be made to help us rid the world of this horrific life taker.

My problem is that 12 months ago, Jade was being regularly ridiculed for being a dumb-fuck cockney chav-ess - which she is. Let us not forget the conversation between Jade and PJ in the Big Brother house regarding East Anglia. "East Angular," Jade begun. "I thought that was abroad". You fucking retard.

All of a sudden, because she's ill - she is the nation's sweetheart. Please don't misunderstand me - I do feel for her and her chav family, but I just think it's all a bit hypocritical.

A while back, I sent an e-mail to a lady called Sally Moon. Sally used to be a radio dj on "Red Rose Radio" in the 1980's. I was on a show with her one Saturday afternoon. I was the "young dj of the day". It was, at that point, one of the proudest days of my life. Sally works at BBC Radio Cumbria and I wrote to her because I'd heard a song on BBC Radio 2 that reminded me of her. She replied and said she remembered me and asked how things were going. That made me happy.

My legs hurt now due to a lack of motion and I am thirsty for tea, and hungry for crunchy peanut butter on toast. mmmmmm

Namaste
Blogged with the Flock Browser