Sunday 1 March 2009

Eye eye

Well that was a lovely weekend, to be sure!

We had a trip down to Middlewich to visit an old friend of my lovely wife's. She and her family put us up overnight and we had a smashing Chinese meal and it was de-lish !! It was the first time I'd really spent any time with Sarah, or her husband, Mike and both they, and their two daughters are absolutely brill. Can't wait to see them all again sometime soon.

I have a busy week ahead of me. Work tomorrow (which, selfishly, I'm unhappy about, even though I've wriggled out of my four nights in a row stint, in favour of one day), then a potential fleeting visit to the Fylde coast on Tuesday, before a drive down to High Wycombe for me in order to attend a course on Wednesday. It's a three day course, and whilst I'm looking forward to the course itself, I wish it could have been held a little closer to home so i didn't have to stay away.

I'm not sure what time I'll be getting home on Friday - hopefully won't be too late. Then on Saturday, we're off to Derby to visit friends, which (as usual), I am very looking forward too! I have Sunday off before being back in work Monday and Tuesday nights.

My brother in law mentioned Apple TV earlier, and I've been to the UK Apple site and had a good look at it this evening, and have decided that it's ace. But - I want more from it. I want something similar to it, but for that device to not only output HD video, and store ALL my mp3's, podcasts and photo's, but i want it to at least be a PVR, too. Try as I might, i cannot figure out appropriate search terms for Google. Hmmm.

My eye is broken. Well - it works, but it is damaged. Some little flying bastard thing went in it yesterday, and it has made the white of my left eye (right to you!) become bloodshot. It hasn't affected my vision, but i want to take my eye out, and scratch it like I've never scratched anything before!! Aaaahhhhh!!!!! It was fun at first, having a knackered eye, but it's just bloody annoying now.

My son went to bed quite well tonight. I can't remember if I've mentioned his new bedtime routine on here, but tonight was a good'un! Bath - milk - put in bed - pretended to cry for about 5 mins - job done. I took in the last 15 mins of the 1st episode of season 2 (you keeping up with me, here?) of 24 while he accepted defeat and closed his eyes. Sleep well, son.

(I will stop typing soon, sorry for going on)

I made a smashing curry today, whilst my sis and bro-in-law visited with my nephew. It was crackin'. I was also pleased that I managed to stay on top of keeping the kitchen fairly in-order whilst i did it, too! Normally, i use every single thing in the kitchen just to boil and egg, but today - I did well.

All this blogging regarding food has made me hungry. Might go and have..... some cereal!

Right - I be off.

Goodnight, goodbye, and thank-you.


Blogged with the Flock Browser