Friday 27 March 2009

Long Way To Go Yet

'ow do.

I met with the manager at work, yesterday, who has a job to offer. We spent about half and hour chatting about the role and what it involves, and where he sees it going in the future. I like it. It sounds like a job I would enjoy doing. But first, I have to complete the mammoth application form, get selected for an interview, pass the competency based interview, and only then will I stand a chance of getting it. As long as some Database genius doesn't come crawling out of the woodwork! Still - It needs to be done, so I need to crack on with it!

As well as meeting him yesterday, I spent time with a female manager whom I have never really spoken to before. I have developed this wiki thing in work to share knowledge amongst people, and she might as well of orgasmed when she saw it. I have been asked to attend an "away day" that she is organising for a couple of teams, so I can give a 15 minute presentation on my wiki. I don't do that sort of thing at all. It's happening on Thursday 2nd April. Boooo.

My lovely wife and I attempted another impromptu naked night on Tuesday. She called it off early doors, though, due to it being a bit chilly. Bugger.

I am working half of my night shift tonight, so I'll be finishing at midnight, instead of 7am! Bliss. Full shift tomorrow night, though. Or so I thought. The bloody clocks go forward, don't they!? Brilliant! 11 hours instead of 12. It's been a few years since I landed a clock change shift, and even then they were going back, so my 12 hours became 13. Frickers.

A good friend of mine has just found out his mum has pancreatic cancer. Understandably, he's cut up about it, but both myself and my lovely wife have spent a fair bit of time talking to him over the last few days, and I hope that between us, we've been of some help to him. If nothing else, just to be there to listen to him.

I got some great feedback from my lovely wife about my last post. She said it was really funny, and she'd enjoyed reading it. Sorry to let you down on this one, honey. x

Until next time....