Sunday 8 March 2009

Never Again

Howdy.

I am sat here, so completely happy because i'm in my own home, with my wife and child. It's a simple pleasure, but it means so much.

My trip to High Wycombe last week was awful. The course itself was really useful, and I am certain i will be able to do more things in work as a result of it. But - where do i start. The lad i went down there with - is an absolute embarrassment. He is in his early to mid 40's, and behaves like some sort of hormonal teenager. Walking along the street, and he's letching and leering at anything with a pair of boobs. One day, in the building where the course was held, we were sat with two other course participants from another company, and the Polish office girl walked through the room we were sat in. We all glanced at her, then returned to the conversation that was taking place. He grinned to himself, and said "I would". I wanted the ground to open up.

I was so pleased to get home, and get a lovely big hug from my son, and later on in the evening, my wife, too. I had a lovely night in my own bed!

Saturday saw us travel down (and left a bit), to Derby. We spent a lovely night there with friends and had the most incredible meal prepared for us. My sincere thanks go to Lisa for the amount of preparation and work that went into the meal. Beautiful!

We had a kind of meandering drive back. We decided to go via Macclesfield, but changed that last minute, and I can now say that I have been to (through) Congleton. There are some oddly named places round there. My wife was, however, very protective of these place names, as she hails from not too far away.

We eventually got home, and I watched Everton fight their way through to the semi-finals of the FA Cup. Well done, men!

I am going to do my best to stay up late tonight, so I can sleep in in the morning instead of having a sleep tomorrow afternoon before work tomorrow night! I'm sure some episodes of 24 will see me through.

Now for a nice cuppa.......