Thursday 2 April 2009

Need more time!

Evening all

Had a tremendously busy day at work today. I gave my first ever presentation to a gathering of 15 people. It was about the Wiki that I've been developing for the last 9 months. I was tremendously nervous before, and during the presentation, but as soon as it was over, the relief was overwhelming. I got some really good feedback following it, though, so hopefully the right people will hear that too!

In years gone by, I have stood before hundreds of people as a DJ and addressed them, without any shy-ness or nerves at all. Strange how times change, isn't it?

Also on the work front, the manager that was more or less offering me a job last week has just been moved onto a major new project, so is no longer managing the team he wanted me for. Balls.

I am lazy. I am too lazy. I need to motivate myself more because once I do start doing something, I tend to enjoy it. I have loads of ironing to do, but there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day to do it. I am sat here, now, with my eyes half shut, typing this. If I was to iron now, I'd be ironing my hands, etc!

I am going to be a pink lady tomorrow at my lovely wife's work night out. I know, I know. I can't remember why I agreed to do it, but it should be fun if nothing else!

Sorry it's so small (the post!)

....And now to bed.