Thursday 19 March 2009

Normality On The Horizon?

I had to attend a work conference last week, and it was rubbish. However, whilst I was there, one of the Managers spoke to me asking if I was interested in working for him. It would be a run of the mill Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30 job.

I have spoken at length with the lovely lady that lives with me, and we have decided that me working these hours is for the best. My four children that live with their mum are moving to North Wales in the summer (apparently), so the current arrangement for visits just would not work. At least if I wasn't working weekends, they could stay every other. Ace. Plus, if I have fixed working times, it will allow my lovely wife more flexibility over the hours she can commit to, without us having to rely on family help with Luke. I'm meeting with the Manager next week so we can discuss it a bit more.

Now for the awkward bit. My current manager is working hard to "raise my profile" and "promote me" within the business. I have spent the last six months working on an intranet based knowledge management tool, and it is superb. I am very very proud of it, and the idea was to roll it out team by team until everyone is using it to it's full potential. If the move goes ahead, I am going to feel really bad about leaving the project - but - I have to think of what is best for me, and my family. If I continued to work the shift pattern that I do, I would see my four children only during holidays, and only If I booked time off work to do so.

Our Zafira car had it's first MOT on Monday, and passed with flying colours. Well done, car.

I had the rudest dream yesterday! I don't often have rude dreams but this was a bit of a shocker even for me!

Missed out on an ace little TV for our bedroom from Costco. Gutted about that. However, the purchase that I made over the weekend of an Internet Radio is going to take the edge of it for me. I got it for £100 less than the cheapest online price I could find. Toys-R-Us had most definitely mis-priced it at £29.99. God bless'em. The entire UK stock sold out within a few hours of this bargain being posted over at HotUKDeals.

Today has been a lovely day. I woke up at 1pm after finishing my night shift, safe in the knowledge that I have six days off. The sun was shining, so we went into the garden and had a kick around with luke, dug a few weeds up, and made some preliminary plans for amendments to the design of the garden.

Right - I be off to bed to watch Shameless!

Scatter!!!