Thursday 31 December 2009

Fascinating

Isn't it strange how obsessed people become with what everyone else is doing on New Years Eve?

I'm in work today and I m amazed at how many times I've been asked "so - what are you doing tonight".  I hasten to add, not in a chatty up type of way!  I'm staying at home with my wife, son, sister, nephew and mother in law.  I shall eat duck, and some party nibbles, as well as some splendid nuts. I shall drink one or two beers, then a fair bit of malibu.  There - it's out in the open now.  What's the big deal??

I like my new phone.  I got my Shamshung Jet yesterday and I've had a reet good meddle with it today and it meets with my approval.  The touch screen technology is particularly good.  Even the way it handles bluetooth file transfers is impressive. I'm going to stop there as I can feel myself slipping down the slippery slope of geekness.  One more thing, though, I have configured it to upload (and geo-tag) photo's when I take them, which is particularly nice. 

Out of my annual review, at work, I have a load of work to do over the next few nights, with a view to potentially handing over the reigns of my beloved WIKI to someone else to manage.  If I do relinquish it, I shall miss it a lot.  It's an awkward bugger to administrate, but the end user has a nice experience whilst using it.

Girls Aloud are on TV at the moment, singing "live" at Wembley.  That Sarah Harding is one diiiiiirty......

Righty Ho - everyone bar 4 of us have gone home now, so I think I'll while away the unnecessary last 2 hours and 15 minutes of my work in 2009 by watching silly video's on YouTube, and catching up on what the world is saying on Google Reader!

Tomorrow is the start of a photo a day.  I'm actally excited by that!  Not AS excited as the prospect of eating duck tonight!  :-)

See you next year.