Tuesday 8 December 2009

....Things....

Ay up.

Christmas is coming which can only mean one thing.  The goose must be getting fat.  No, that's not right. It can only mean that my arse is starting to get twitchy about feeding the family on Christmas day. I am going to visit my local butcher to ask for help.  I want to buy an appropriate amount of meat (I have decided on turkey and lamb), and appropriate cuts of meat, so I shall ask for assistance from my local butcher!

Last weekends visit from the children went well.  Didn't do anything massive, like take them for days out or anything like that, but I did get to spend time with each one of them in turn, which is equally important.  I sometimes think that I should do more when they visit, but doing more means less time spent with them.  I don't know what they want from the time we spend together, but all I want is to spend time with them.

Luke's been a bit coughy and sniffy and generally off-colour for the past few days.  Last night, it was suggested to me that I sleep in the girls room so I could get a decent nights sleep before work.  When I walked in, there was a note on Charlotte's bed, which read "I miss you daddy, love charlotte".  Not surprisingly, it made me cry.  Even now, as I type this, my eyes have filled up.  She is completely adorable.  The children are back in 9 days, which isn't too bad at all.

I am in work at the moment on night 2 of 4.  I booked night 1 off, which is always nice.  I have a doctors appointment later today, at 10:15.  It is to discuss the results of my thyroid tests that I had done recently.  Hope it's not too serious??!  I shall keep you posted.

I had a  bit of a tussle with another driver on my way into work this evening.  I noticed that this car ( a red corsa) was right up my arse whilst I was driving down a country road.  Whenever anyone does that to me, I slow down.  There was an opportunity for the driver to overtake me, but it didn't.  We arrived at a set of lights and only then did I notice that the driver was a young female!  I was at the front of the queue at the lights, so as they changed, I engaged sport mode and booted away.  She stuck to me like glue.  We entered a built up area and I drove within the speed limits.  At a roundabout, I noticed that a car was coming round, so I jumped out, leaving a reasonable distance, but not enough distance for her to join me.  She had to completely stop whilst I was away down the dual carriageway.  I won. I was pleased.

Right, I'm going to go and sleep for a short while on my break as I have to be awake for another 6 hours and without an hour's kip, it simply isn't going to happen.

As ever, it's been lovely.

Oh - the title of this post?  I was listening to Robbie Williams' album "Swing When You're Winning".  His duet with Jane Horrocks is one of my favourites!

Byzee bye