Tuesday 29 December 2009

The Aftermath

Well - that really wasn't too bad!

Christmas day went really well. I overfed everyone if the truth be told!  I don't think I wrecked any of the food and everyone seemed to enjoy what they had.  Lovely.

Boxing day started with a very heavy frost.  It had rained overnight and then frozen.  The road outside was total ice.  No cars could get through, so my brother in law and I joined the few neighbours outside to help cut through the ice and break it up a bit.  That afternoon, I travelled to Wales to collect my children and bring them back to us.  On the way, I picked up my sister and my nephew so they could join us for Bank Holiday night, too.  I got back to discover my lovely wife had prepared a fabulous buffet meal for us. Cheers!!

The night of the 27th brought a visit from our very good friends from Blackpool. We had a right good go on the karaoke, and the wii, and everyone seemed happy.  When they left at about 1am, I remember our neighbours, Kath and Phil were out locally at a party, so I sent a text asking if they wanted to nip in for a sing!  15 minutes later, there they were, along with their daughter, Natalie.  We sang for another hour or two before calling it a night at about 3am.  That was a late one!

Christmas seems to have been so busy this far, and we've still got New Years Eve yet!!

I received lovely presents and am very grateful not only for them, but for all the time that I've been able to spend with loved ones. 

Back to work tomorrow. Booo. Snow and sleet are forecast for the next few days.  Snow I don't mind, but sleet's a pain in the arse. It's just messy.

I'm off to buy some batteries and a charger.

Goodbye 2009.