Tuesday 21 April 2009

Who'd Have Thunk It?!

Greetings

My lovely wife celebrated her birthday last week (along with her sister), so we upped sticks and went to Center Parcs for the weekend to celebrate. We could hardly believe the weather that we had. It was glorious. Not a sniff of rain during our stay. Perfect! I think a good time was had by all, and the weekend went off without a hitch. The cherry on it, was Everton beating Manchester United to secure a place in the final of the FA Cup. Now we just have to beat Chelsea in the final. Hmmmm.

There is much-a-do regarding the heavy handed approach by police at the recent G20 summit in London. There have been 2 or 3 incidents that were recorded by people who attended the protests, showing the police being a little over-zealous. Some of these police officers are getting a proper good bollocking from their employers, and one in particular is potentially facing a criminal prosecution. The media seem to be so concerned with the police's behaviour, that they have overlooked the violence that the police faced. I have mentioned this before, I am sure, so I won't harp on about it again now. Protesters are appealing for justice to be served. Justice is a two way thing.

My school re-union is getting closer. 16th May. I'm not even sure I am allowed to go, yet, but I am excited about it. I hope I do go. It would be excellent to catch up with old friends that I haven't seen for years. We shall wait and see.

I played badminton at Center Parcs. Haven't played since I was at school. I am still suffering now, 4 days after the event. That said, I loved it. I really enjoyed playing, despite being "the fat bloke". I must have looked ridiculous, but - I'm not overly concerned about how I looked. Whilst at Center Parcs, I played crazy golf for the first time in my life. I enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I was going to, too!

Righty ho - I have to go an re-assemble my sons' computer and do some tidying round after my youngest son has been playing!

I'm following Victoria Coren on Twitter now. I want to play poker. Or bet on horses. Hmmmm.

I'm off to open a betting account somewhere......