Monday 29 December 2008

Game Over

Well - that's it.  My "work" is complete, work-wise, for 2008.

I finished at 7am this morning and am not back in until sometime in January.  Not exactly sure of the date, all i know is - it's not tomorrow.

I have just been playing a game of yes / no with my 19 month old son.  Thinking about it - it's not really a game. I say yes to him, and he says no to me.  Continue like that for 10 minutes or so, and that's it!  It's a lovely way to spend 10 minutes, though.

Good to see Everton continue to climb the table, with a nice 3-0 win against Sunderland yesterday.  God bless Mikel Arteta.

This morning, before leaving work, I installed a new browser on my laptop.  I am a long-term user of Firefox, but I have decided to give Flock a go.  I based my decision on my addiction to Facebook, and my new-found love of blogging and digging.  I am even partial to the odd twitter every now and again.  I'm not 100% convinced it's lovely just yet.  I think i'll get there with it, though.  I need to give it a bit of time, and get used to the way it works and tells me things.

I am taking some presents back today that I bought for my lovely wife.  I think i might be THE most forgetful person ever to walk god's green earth.  I bought presents that I'd already told other people to buy for her.  I know how I end up doing it.  I panic.  I went shopping on the 24th, having convinced myself that she didnt' have enough gifts, and panic-bought.  Of the 3 things I got for her, 2 were duplicates.  Knob-head.  I must buy her gifts in good time next year.  I won't - but i'll want to.

Right then.  I'd best be off.  If I don't get moving now - i'll end up staying in all day, and my son needs milk, so that simply won't do.

Nobody reads my blog.  It's so strange because I know nobody reads it, yet I still feel compelled to update it daily.  I haven't told a soul I do this.  It's not like it's some sort of twisted second-life I'm hiding from people.  I don't secretly dress up as a woman or anything.  I just keep (what I like to think of as..) an online diary.  In my head, if all my family and friends knew about this, and read it, I don't think i'd put half the stuff on here that I have.  It's a release for me.  Oh wait - that sounds Iike I normally hold stuff back, and I don't think I do.

I've confused myself now.

I heard this time of year described as the perineum between Christmas and New Year.  I like that.  It made me laugh.

I will, at some point, be back.
Blogged with the Flock Browser