Sunday 28 December 2008

Missing Days

I'm nearing the end of a 12 hour night shift and the lady on Absolute Radio has just told me it's Sunday. It's Monday in my head. I'm confused.

I've eaten too much overnight. I had a meal at home before coming in, then we've shared a large pack of crisps, plus I was given some garlic bread. I'm stuffed.

I'll update this properly later on (hopefully).

I never did make it up Winter Hill yesterday, by the way. I (we) did walk along the canal tow path near my house, and saw some extremely drunken youths. It was no later than 11am, by the way. What time must they have started drinking??! As I got closer to them, one of them decided that he was going to jump in the canal. He would surely have met his maker within seconds, had his "friends" not talked him out of it. As he started to strip to make his jump, I felt in my pocket to make sure I had my mobile with me, thinking I was going to have to co-ordinate all the emergency services to fish this foolish individual out of the canal.

I realised yesterday that I'm not seeing my children until the 31st December. I thought it was the 30th. I'm disappointed about that. My wife and I are going to go shopping on the 30th, and spend some money that was gifted at Christmas.

This is the first time I've updated my blog in work, and I'm well nervous. Don't know why.

I'm growing a beard in January. A great big mans beard. None of this goatee crap. I want a David Bellamy. No particular reason behind it. I've always wanted to grow one, and my beautiful wife has said that she doesn't mind, so i'll give it a whirl!

Enough for now...