Sunday 10 May 2009

Two Down, A Lifetime To Go

Wowser wowser, Luke is Two!!

We held a party for him in our house yesterday. With the exception of two or three people, every single person in the whole world that he knows was there. At some times, it literally felt like every single person in the whole world was there!!

It was, a very early start and it was stressful at times, but on the whole, it was a great day. It was lovely to see him being so relaxed and chilled out with the 30+ people who were milling round in our house (you can always rely on the British weather to let you down). He was wandering round, speaking with his people, and generally being fussed over, which he loved! He received so many cards and presents, it was fabulous.

His birthday cake was an amazing creation by Lisa of Bob The Builder's head! She took a little too much pleasure cutting through his head when the time came to cut the cake up!

I didn't take enough photo's on the day, but I shoot a bit of video that I am going to try and edit over the next few days, and stick it on YouTube for the rest of eternity (or until the YouTube police decide that I have infringed some obscure copyright law). Grrrr. I uploaded an excellent (in my opinion) video of Luke falling asleep in his high chair last year. I spent ages editing the video, etc. and I put a backing track of The Beatles, I'm Only Sleeping on it. Checked yesterday, and it's gone. No email, nothing - just gone. Frickers.

For the first time ever this evening, my iPod ran out of charge. I was immersed in Episode 3, Season 3 of 24, and off it went. I think I have used it for playing music for over 15 hours in work, and probably 2 and a bit episodes of 24, so I can't complain.

I have been given verbal permission to attend my school re-union, which is this coming weekend. I am pleased about this, as I'd really like to spend a few hours just catching up with folk I remember from school. Luke's godmother, Joanne, who was at his birthday has said that she wouldn't mind attending, too. We could be good excuses for each other to not spend too much time there, whilst her hubby, Paul, sets up camp here, with my lovely wife! Could be a really good night!

I love baguettes, me.

Luke's had some very iffy Number One's on his birthday's so far:-
  • 2007 - Beyonce & Shakira - Beautiful Liar
  • 2008 - Madonna ft Justin Timberlake - 4 minutes
  • 2009 - Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone
I wouldn't say any of them are classics, but hey - he's got the rest of his life ahead of him, to have a classic birthday tune or two.

Until next time.....