Monday 18 May 2009

All Over Now

Hiya !

Not blogged for a while for the usual reason of "not being inspired to" (darling). The usual things that continually irritate me in life have been ever present. Things such as pensioners driving at 20 in 30 zones (including one doing 15. They were given a pip of the horn). I've also had to deal with some complete cretins in work. That's harsh, they are stuck in their ways and are not for budging.

Anyway - today has been a big day for me and my family. I had a job interview. I attended the CIS building at Miller Street and had an interview for the job of a mainframe Database Analyst. I was as nervous as I was a few weeks ago when I delivered a presentation to two teams. I wasn't able to eat this morning (which really isn't like me). I got there and babbled and bumbled my way through the interview. My only saving grace was that I have known the recruiting manager who interviewed me for over 10 years, so I'm hoping he knows what I am like. Almost to the point of discarding the whole interview and basing his decision on what he knows of me.

The relief I felt as I left the building was immense. My lovely wife had dropped me off there whilst she went eBay collecting and then she did a bit of shopping in Salford before scooping me up and feeding me KFC. I do love her.

If this job comes off, It will mean no more nights - no more weekends, and I'll slot back into Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:30 work. The last time I worked those hours was 1994.

I've been feeling properly strange the last few days. It started in earnest on Friday night when I was on my last shift of the pattern. I felt dreadful from the off, and went for a sleep after a few hours. I wasn't feeling sick as such, just dizzy and light headed (no funny comments please!). Since then, I'm having intermittent bouts of muscular pain around my rib cage and shoulders. Ah what do you care, you're not my GP. Are you?

You know what else annoys me? When (usually) older people use the phrases "Web Wizzard" or "Computer Whiz".

I really fancy a curry with dippy things and icy cold beer.

I'm ooooover-tired and off to bed.

See y'z

(oh yeah - this blog title is the title of a Saw Doctors track. Got a ticket to go see them with a loads of blokes from work in December! Well happy with that!!)