Sunday 11 January 2009

Rainy Days And Mondays...

...always get me down. Well today is a rainy Sunday and tomorrow I am back in work on (what is forecast to be) a veeery rainy Monday.

I'm really obsessed with weather forecasts. A few years ago a very good friend of mine told me about Metcheck. It's fabulous because it isn't put together by boffins (isn't that just one of the funniest terms?) at the BBC or the Met Office. It's put together by boffins in their own homes. I like that. Folk who have a fascination so great that they have made the investment in monitoring equipment and have decided to input to this website. It's boss.

I ordered take-away food online last night. I had planned to make a smashing caserole thing but at 4:30 when i thought about starting to prepare it, i looked at the instructions (is that what they're called when referring to food preparation?) and they told me it would be between 1.5 and 2 hours!!! Myself and my lovely wife were mad hungry at this point. It was then that I had my epiphany. I remembered seeing a URL on one of the millions of take-away menu's that get pushed through our door.

I rooted it out, we consulted the menu, and in no time, the order was placed. It advised me it would be approximately 45 mins for delivery. 20 mins later, a gentleman arrived at my door with our food! Properly fantastic service. Check and see if you can do the same thing at JustEat. Again - it's boss.

I had a bit of an emotional roller-coaster visit from my children this weekend. I'm not going into detail but I just hope that things pan-out and everyone is happy. It's been quite some time since I had a wobble like that over them. Foolish me - I thought all that was all in the past.

Don't you just love the new advert for Virgin Atlantic. The one with the flight attendants walking through the airport in their striking red outfits. Maybe it's the lad buying the Big Country album from our price music for £5.99. Or the boy playing rubiks cube. Or maybe the Frankie Goes To Hollywood soundtrack. Or maybe just how unmistakably 80's it is. I love the 80's so much. It is my opinion that 1987 was THE best year for popular music. But i'm a sad wanker, so what do you care of my opinions?!

Ok - I have to go and do something more productive.

'nuff respec'. Shabba.