Monday 20 August 2012

Long Time

Hello there.

Long time, no blog.

I've just been having a toot through some old posts that I've made on here over the last (almost) FOUR years!!  Four years?!  I've spouted some shite on here over the years.  Soz.

Aaaanyway - thought I'd just check in to see how you're all doing.  Ok?  Good good. We should catch up over a coffee some time.

Me? I'm fine, thanks.  I'm 38 now. My youngest son is 5 and my eldest daughter will be 16 next month.  I know - it's incredible isn't it?

Ok, so what's new with me? Well - I'm a school governor now.  I love being one, too. It sounds like something that old people do, but I know otherwise.  Wait - I'm old, too, aren't I?  Damn.  I always think of myself as being younger than I am.  Not sure what age, exactly, but definitely younger.

I have also created a Pinterest page.  There is considerable interest in Pinterest amongst geeks, so I applied for an invite and got one.  I'm still not 100% sure what use I have for a Pinterest page, but hell, I've got one anyway just incase I have some sort of awakening.

Erm... I'm going on holiday in 2 days.  I'm in work now, but am 4 hours away from finishing.  I love this feeling, knowing that I'm going to be able to properly rest and relax in a few days time.  We've hired a car for the first time ever.  I've never driven on the "wrong" side of the road before.  I'm about 90% confident that I'll be ace at it, though.  I will either be amazing, or really shit.  We've paid £40 something to have the car for 2 days, so if I don't take to it, no biggie.

I've decided to go Sat Nav Free when we have the car.  It's not a massive place we're going to and I'm not one who believes in getting lost.  There is no such thing - you just discover new places that you've not been to before.  It's all about the learning.

The Olympics have recently finished, here in the UK.  From the opening ceremony right through to the closing ceremony - I felt proud to be British.  I know it's cost a few quid to stage it here, but I really do believe that it's been good for the country as a whole.

Oh - I've got an ace Android phone now, too. It's a HTC Sensation and I likes it loads.  It lets you mess with it and fiddle the tits off it, which I LOVE doing.  I post photo's to Twitter via Instagram, which makes all your photo's look old.  We constantly push the boundaries of technology to get higher specification camera's in phones, then use Instagram to make the photo's look old.  Humans, eh?

Absolute Radio are playing The Stone Roses - I Am The Resurrection.  You can't not nod your head to that.  It's a joy to listen to.

Right - I'm off to swig coffee and generally try and stay awake until 5am.  I've agreed with my work colleagues to leave 2 hours early by forgoing by break.  Swings and roundabouts.

It's been... for the old times.

I need to do this more often. It's good for the mind and good for the soul, writing down what's in your head. It really is.

Stay safe, dear reader.