Thursday 20 May 2010

Peer To Peer

Erm... Hello?

Thought it was about time I wrote something on here.  I really do blame the other blog for zapping all my blogginess.  Anyway, at least I have somewhere to come that doesn't involve me posting photo's every day!

At the weekend just gone, we attended Phil's 50th birthday party. It was - superb.  Just about everyone there had a grand old time and celebrated way into the early hours.  The next day, however, Deb and I were good for nothing.  The joys of getting old (and out of practise!)

Deb joined slimming world on Monday and has introduced a new diet, or rather, a new way of eating.  I don't mean like ingesting food up her nose or anything, it's more of a new way of thinking when it comes to food.  I, too, have become a little more health conscious.  I will now admit that my middle is slightly larger than it used to be.  So, in my own way, I'm doing something about it.  I'm never going to proudly announce that I've lost 2 stone in the last week or anything like that, but - I recognise that it is too big, and I'm dealing with it.  My wife has been excellent regarding my taking part in the healthy eating business.  I will be honest, I was worried that she'd be on my back about it and I knew that that would have the opposite effect. As it is, she's ace. She herself is doing really well thus far and we've had some lovely healthy meals this week. 

I went swimming last week and loved it!  Well, I would have loved it more if it hadn't been full of pensioners complaining about how full it was!  I am also toying with possibly maybe riding my bike to work occasionally?  I did it a few years ago (rode to my sisters which is a stones throw from work), and it did almost kill me.  Maybe next time, I'll ride a tad slower.

Last week, I went for a hair cut at Dads and Lads in Springfield (not the Simpsons one).  The lady barber was chatting away about nothing, as usual, and when she'd almost finished, she asked me a question that I have never ever been asked before. I didn't know how to respond to it. I was literally lost for words.  She said "would you like me to trim your eyebrows, love?".  She must have seen the puzzled look on my face because without me speaking, she acknowledged it was no, and started brushing hairs off my neck instead.  The more I think about it, the more puzzled I am.  I'm hardly Denis Healey!

Had a proper panic in work the other day.  The "wiki" that I have developed over the last almost two years resides on quite an old server, and it died.  A man drove from Liverpool to Salford at 4am to try and fix it, but it was not to be.  Fortunately, later in the day, a man and a woman went from Manchester to Salford and they were able to fix it for me.  I was very worried.

On Sunday (the day before slimming world), we had a Peters tea (the local Chinese).  It's only a few minutes walk from our house, so I did just that.  As I got near the corner where it is, I passed a parked car.  A man got out of the drivers seat, and opened the rear door. He asked the female occupant of the vehicle what drink she wanted. I didn't hear her response, and to this day, I am still baffled as to what it must have been for him to retort "Shut the fuck up before I jizz in your eye", as he slammed the door shut and made his way up to the Chinese.  What could she have said to angered him to that level???

Right. My lunch is over, and my lemonade is gone. Time for me to go and do something with the front garden. If it was up to me, I'd burn it, but my wife wants something slightly more... traditional.  Grass.

Until next time....