Wednesday 17 June 2009

The One About The Tramp And The Bush

Hello reader

Life is a funny thing. It kicks you - you find your feet, and set on your way again, and it kicks you harder. Why does it do it? Nobody knows, but sure as day follows night - it does it. It's cruel. Cruel and unfair, and that is the side of life that, fortunately, hopefully, we don't see too often.

This is another blog from work, so I'm scared.

Last night in work, I noticed a tramp loitering outside our building. Before I go any further, if tramp isn't the "pc" term for... a tramp, then I apologise to all tramps for any offence caused. Although I don't suppose many tramps have internet access. Anyway, I saw this bloke loitering, then he went behind a bush and fetched a bottle of cider that he had, apparently, stashed there, and begin to neck it. This was at about 4:30 am. I then noticed about 6 empty bottles of the same stuff he'd just had (white lightening no less) that he'd thrown in our manicured bush! (I never thought I'd ever refer to a manicured bush and not mean a well maintained pubic area). The girl who was in on nights said that she'd seen him on her way into work at about 2:45. Sad? Funny? (Marcus Bentley voice coming on)... You decide!

I'm finding it difficult to blog at the moment. I feel raw, you see.

I spent ages working on my website earlier on. I had decided that I wanted 4 feeds from the motorway cctv camera's on the front page. So, I designed the pages, inserted the image links and viewed the page. Bliss! It worked a treat. Then, one by one, they went off. I was greeted by 4 images telling me I was not allowed to view them. Bastards. Why on earth not? Ridiculous.

I spent more ages working on my half yearly appraisal earlier. It's on Monday. I've got a swanky folder and printed loads of stuff off to fool my boss into thinking I'm good. It looks impressive, what I've done. I hope my ploy works, and I receive a decent rise next year.

Oh, and I found out this evening that I'm going to start getting paid monthly. That is wubbish. Getting paid 4 weekly means 13 pay days every year. The monetary difference between 4 weeks pay and a months isn't going to be much at all, so it's going to seem like I'm missing a whole 4 weeks worth of pay. Boooo employer, booo.

On the plus side, I also found out (can you tell i've spent a fair bit of time on the works intranet site?) that I am entitled to "up to 3 occasions of 5 days paid leave" for IVF treatment. Cheers for that.

I'm getting Virgin's V+HD installed at the end of this month. I am excited at the thought of it. I need to buy a new 5m HDMI lead before the time, though.

Struggling to think and stay awake now, so I'll say goodbye and apologise for how brief this is.

Yours drinking Dr Pepper.
What's the worst that could happen?
-