Sunday 4 July 2010

Who'd Have Thunk It

Well - I think I jinxed myself with my last, somewhat morose post.

My daughter did not come to stay this weekend.  She went to the cinema to watch Twilight with her friends, instead.  Fair enough.  However, when I dropped my other children off with their mother this evening, she told me that my daughter has.... a boyfriend.

I took it all very well at the time, but driving home I quite literally was in a daze.  I know she's months off being 14, but - just - no. No.  Not my Abbey.  I feel ridiculous because I feel so ... upset.  She is obviously very happy and this is her first love. We all remember our first love's and it's such a special time.  That said, I'm still not a single bit happy about it.

I need to dwell for a few more minutes then do some exercises.

Hmmmm.